Skip to main content

Student Secretariat

Student secretariat
Central office

Andrijana Antic

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday from 9.30 - 12.00 and from 14.00 - 16.00.

During the semester break, the Registrar's Office can only be reached by telephone on Fridays.

Questions about application, enrollment and matriculation can be found here.


You can find your certificate of enrolment and certificate of study progress in German and English on heiCo under "My certificates and documents".

There you can set the desired semester and language and download the document (via the "Print" button).

Re-registration for the next semester takes place by transferring the tuition fees on time.

Re-registration will take place approximately one week after payment has been made. As soon as this has been done, you can download your certificate of enrolment for the new semester and revalidate your student ID. Please note that you will not receive a confirmation of re-registration. You can check for yourself whether the re-registration was successful or not by checking in your heiCO account whether or not you can retrieve the certificates of enrolment for the semester in question.

Information on outstanding or already paid semester fees can be found on heiCo under "Tuition fee status". There you will also find the deadline by which the fee due must be transferred to Heidelberg University as well as the relevant bank details.

This is done via heiCo. Proceed as follows:

-Press the "Courses" button on the heiCo homepage

-Select as organization: Heidelberg University of Jewish Studies

-Click on the "Go to course registration" button

-Select the desired course(s)

-Check the "Standard group" box

-Click on the button "Enter document request"

You will then receive a confirmation e-mail and will see the courses for which you have registered on heiCo under "My courses". You can manage your courses there.

You can also deregister from courses via the heiCo system.

To do this, please go to the "My studies" field via heiCo.

There you will see the required and already entered coursework for your degree program. If you have any further questions about your academic achievements, please contact the Examinations Office.

The student ID card must be validated by the student after it has been issued and after each re-registration.

The semester period is noted on the thermal strip of the student ID card.

The validation devices are located in the service portal of the Central University Administration and the Central Canteen in Neuenheimer Feld.

Further information and assistance can also be found on the Heidelberg University website.